Friday, October 7, 2011

Fashion Design Project 1 (Spring 2011)

Fashion Design project 2

Inspirations from the Outdoors

Muse: Larry Burrows Photo JournalistInspiration the City

Workbook to develop collection

City structure vs War zone
Sketches




A few garment details











Sewn samples
This collection started as I walked around the City and took pictures of the buildings around me. While taking pictures around the City I realized the perfect muse for this collection would be a photojournalist. As I research different photojournalist I came across Larry Burrows who captured war pictures in Vietnam which is one of his most famous collections, published first in LIFE Magazine 16APR1965, was titled "One Ride with Yankee Papa 13" . The image of Larry Burrows holding 6 to 7 camera's really caught my attention. I then started looking at his pictures and was most moved by his pictures of Vietnam victims. Thus starting a collection inspired by the clash between structured City life and a war zone country. I wanted to make a collection that would be both environmentally friendly in usage of fabric while still be functional. That is why most of the fabric being used are natural besides the functional fabrics that will be used to resist water, fire, or just act a functional trims such as camera strap loops or waterproof pockets.


No comments:

Post a Comment